Monday 6 June 2016

The Wait


 
I am waiting for you,


It has been years you left;
Yes, years you left.
And the irony is-
Since then we have never met.
You left me amidst midnight,
You left me crouched alone in bed;
Half-awake I waited for you,
Half-awake I wait for you still;
But, Alas!!!!
Till today you aren’t back.
Yes, you didn’t meet me again,
Neither any news came from your side;
Why then every knock on my door still today;
Makes me shiver and think “It might be You again”?
No, please fear not I ain’t angry with though,
For whatever others may say-
Deep within my heart I believe “I wasn’t your bait that night”.
Yes, I believe that my stars shall brighten one day,
Yes, indeed one day you shall come back to me;
Hold me tight within your arms,
Kiss me on my lips-
And say,” Darling you are mine only mine”.
J.Talukdar
06/06/2106

8 comments:

  1. Anticipation and expectation are two things that can kill someone every second. Very well penned and emotions brought alive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankz..........hero for your inspiration...

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "our sweetest songs are those that tell of saddest thought"
    Very well written.....waiting for more.....carry on..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sir ...Your words are always inspirational..Regards

      Delete
  4. thats so touchy...the deep inner feelings!!

    ReplyDelete